Hereward House School was founded in 1951 by Colonel Richard Brewster and his wife Mary Brewster upon their return from India.
The school initially started with 6 pupils on its original site in Belsize Avenue. Over the years the school expanded and moved to its current address in 1960s. The school was run by the Brewsters until 1979. Seeing the schools unrealised potential, the Head of Junior School, Mrs Leonie Sampson, took over ownership and became Headmistress. She worked tirelessly over the following 30 years to transform the school’s academic standing and pastoral care.
Mr Thomas Burden succeeded Mrs Sampson on her retirement and continued to build on the school’s achievements. Mr Pascal Evans joined as Headmaster from Westminster Under in 2014. He is fully committed to maintaining the educational values and the pupil-centred approach that has been fundamental in making Hereward House one of London’s leading prep schools.